Blade & Soul Costume Contest
Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS IS A SINGLE CONTEST WITH OFFICIAL RULES BASED ON RESIDENCY OF THE PARTICIPANT. THE SELECTION OF THE WINNERS WILL BE MADE AMONG ALL ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS WORLDWIDE, WITH WINNERS SPLIT EVENLY BETWEEN PARTICIPANTS FROM NORTH AMERICA AND EUROPE.
OFFICIAL RULES FOR RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, CANADA AND MEXICO ONLY
1. Eligibility: Except where prohibited or restricted by law, the Blade & Soul Costume Contest (“Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States of America, the District of Columbia, all provinces and territories in Canada (excluding residents of Quebec), and Mexico who are the age of majority or older (18 years of age in most jurisdictions) as of the date of entry. The sponsor of this Contest is NC Interactive, LLC (“Sponsor”). Employees of the Sponsor and its respective distributors, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each), and those living in the same household of each are NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN. Other eligibility requirements and conditions of participation are set forth below in these official rules for the Contest (“Official Contest Rules”). All federal, state, provincial, municipal, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2 .Entry Period: Entries will only be considered “Valid” if the submission email is received by the Sponsor between 12:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) on June 24, 2015 and 11:59 PM PDT on July 9, 2015 (“Entry Period”). Emailing a Costume Design (defined below) to the submission email, [firstname.lastname@example.org] constitutes Entry into the Contest and Entrant’s consent to, and agreement with, these Official Contest Rules.
3. How to Enter: Participants must email to [email@example.com] a costume design (“Costume Design”) of an in-game costume for use in the Blade & Soul game. Upon submission of the Costume Design, the participant (“Entrant”) will receive an entry (each an “Entry” and collectively, the “Entries”) into the Contest. The Costume Design submission email subject line should be “Blade & Soul Costume Contest.” In addition, the Entrant should also include the following information: (a) the Entrant’s name (real name, not character name); (b) Entrant’s chosen display name; (c) Entrant’s chosen region (i.e., either North America or Europe); and (d) account email. The submission email (a) is limited to a maximum of two images of the Costume Design entry; (b) must have a limited text description of fewer than 150 words; and (c) a Costume Design inspiration may be added to the Costume Design entry (but is not required).
4. Costume Design Requirements: The Costume Design must satisfy the following requirements to be eligible for the Contest:
(a) The Costume Design must be either: (i) male and female version of the same race costume (e.g., Male Jin, Female Jin); (ii) gender-specific version across all races (e.g., Male Jin, Gon, Lyn, or Female Jin, Gon, Lyn, Yun); or (iii) all races and genders.
(b) A Costume Design must include front and back views.
(c )A Costume Design may, but is not required, include designs for accompanying face and head accessories, although the face and head accessories may not be present in the final or differ in appearance in the final in-game design.
(d) A Costume Design must be shown on physical or digital design form (i.e., physical illustration, digital artwork, etc.). Entrants may make use of a Costume Design template (“Template”) supplied by the Sponsor on the Contest website, available at [INSERT LINK] (“Contest Website”). Use of the Template is not required and Costume Designs using the Template will not be judged more favorably than Costume Designs that do not use the Template.
(e) The Costume Design file form must be in either .jpg, .png or .pdf format. There is no file size limitation; however, Sponsor requests that Entrants keep the file size reasonable.
5. Entry Limit: Limit of two Entries per Entrant during the Entry Period. Each Entry must be in a separate submission email. Subsequent Entries by the same Entrant are invalid and will be disqualified. Any attempts made by the same person to submit more than two Entries during the Entry Period are void. All Entries must be received during the Entry Period in order to be eligible for any Prize offered in this Contest. Any Entry before or after the Entry Period is void and will not be eligible for a Prize. If an Entrant submits two Entries into the Contest, only one of the Entries may be selected as a Finalist (defined below).
6. Conditions of Costume Design: Any Costume Design that is deemed by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to be infringing, offensive, immoral, obscene, profane, defamatory, not keeping the image of the Sponsor, or in violation of these Official Contest Rules will be void. Further, any Costume Design that contains trademarks, copyright-protected or other proprietary materials for which the Entrant has not obtained appropriate assignment of rights will be void. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to void any Entries from Entrants whom Sponsor believes have attempted to tamper or have tampered with the administration, security, or fairness of this Contest. Entries or Costume Designs submitted by automatic, programmed, or like methods will be disqualified.
By entering, each Entrant warrants and represents that (i) the Costume Design is the original work of the Entrant and does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, confidentiality or publicity rights or any other legal rights of any third party; (ii) the Entrant owns or otherwise controls all rights to the Costume Design submitted by the Entrant; and (iii) the Costume Design has not been entered into or won any previous contests or awards and has not been published or distributed previously in any form of media. By entering this Contest, each Entrant unconditionally and irrevocably grants a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable license to Sponsor and its successors or assigns to use, reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the Costume Design for any purpose now and hereafter as they so desire. By submitting a Costume Design, Entrant grants Sponsor the right to use, publish, adapt, edit and/or modify such Costume Design in any way, in whole or in part, and to use such Costume Design alone or in combination with other works, as solely determined by Sponsor, in commerce and trade and in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, without limitation or compensation to the Entrant and without right of notice, review, or approval of any such use of the Costume Design.
7. Selection of Semi-Finalists and Finalists: The Contest will have 20 semi-finalists (“Semi-Finalists”), ten from North America and ten from Europe. From the 20 Semi-Finalists, ten finalists will be selected (“Finalists”), five from North America and five from Europe. From the ten Finalists, two Finalists will be selected as the winners (each a “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”) of the Contest, one from North America and one from Europe. The Semi-Finalists of the Contest will be determined by a panel of judges (“Judges”) appointed by the Sponsor. The Judges will review each of the Costume Designs that are properly submitted, and then rank the Costume Designs based upon the following criteria, allocated equally: (a) Is the Costume Design appropriate to the Western vision of equality between genders; (b) Is the Costume Design appropriate for the Blade & Soul theme; and (c) Is the Costume Design original, creative and imaginative (collectively, “Judging Criteria”). The top-ten highest ranked Costume Designs in North America and the top-ten highest ranked Costume Designs in Europe, as determined by the Judges in their sole discretion applying the Judging Criteria, will be the 20 Semi-Finalists of the Contest. The 20 Semi-Finalists will then be reviewed and ranked by the Blade & Soul HG Art Director (“Art Director”) applying the Judging Criteria. The top-five highest ranked Costume Designs from the Semi-Finalists in North America and the top-five highest ranked Costume Designs from the Semi-Finalists in Europe, as determined by the Art Director in the Art Director’s sole discretion, will be the ten Finalists of the Contest. On July 21, 2015, the ten Finalists will be announced by the Sponsor on the Contest Website.
8. Voting for the Winners: Each of the Costume Designs submitted by the ten Finalists will be posted on the Contest Website on July 21, 2015 and will be eligible for voting on the Sponsor’s Facebook page during the voting period (“Voting Period”). The Voting Period will begin at 12:01 AM PDT on July 21, 2015 and end at 11:59 PM PDT on July 26, 2015. Limit of one vote per player account per day during the Voting Period. Votes should be based on the Judging Criteria listed above. Finalists are strictly prohibited from offering compensation, in any form whatsoever including monetary or otherwise, in exchange for votes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Finalist determined to be soliciting votes through an offer of compensation. Finalists, however, may request votes from friends, blog communities, Facebook groups, or similar communication mechanism; provided that the Finalist does not offer or provide any compensation, monetary or otherwise, as part of the request. If it is discovered that attempts were made by any individual to use (or attempt to use) any automated, script, macro, robotic or other program(s) to generate votes in a manner that the Sponsor deems, in its sole and absolute discretion, to violate the letter and spirit of this Contest, then it may result in the disqualification, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, of the votes, Costume Design or Finalist to which such votes relate. The two Winners of the Contest will be the two Finalists, one from North America and one from Europe, who received the highest number of votes during the Voting Period. In the event of a tie, the Sponsor will review the Costume Designs that are tied and select, in the Sponsor’s discretion, the Winner by applying the Judging Criteria. The two Winners will be announced by the Sponsor on July 28, 2015 on the Contest Website and the Sponsor’s Facebook page. If a Finalist resides in Canada, before being confirmed as a Finalist, the selected Finalist must correctly answer unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered by email or telephone.
9.Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): The following prizes (each a “Prize” and collectively, the “Prizes”) will be awarded in this Contest to the Winners and the Finalists (who are not also one of the two Winners):
(a) Each Winner will receive the following Prize (ARV of $110):
$50 worth of NCoin
An exclusive Blade & Soul wearable item (jacket or t-shirt) of the Sponsor’s choosing in its sole discretion
A Blade & Soul poster
The Winner’s Costume Design will be forwarded to the Art Director for inclusion in the game.
(b) Each Finalist (who is not also a Winner) will receive the following Prize (ARV of $30):
An exclusive Blade & Soul wearable item (jacket or t-shirt) of the Sponsor’s choosing in its sole discretion
A Blade & Soul poster
10. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period and the quality of the Costume Design.
11. How to Claim Your Prize: Winners and Finalists will be contacted by a representative from the Sponsor within seven days after the Winners are announced on July 28, 2015. Winners and Finalists will be notified using the email used for the Costume Design submission. The list of Winners and Finalists will also be posted in the news post of the Contest Website. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Winner or Finalist based on an email address, the winning Entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the email address at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned an email address by an internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. In the event a Winner or Finalist cannot be contacted within 15 days after the Winners announcement on July 28, 2015, as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor or its representatives, or a Winner/Finalist rejects a Prize, an alternative winner may be identified. At the discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner or finalist may result from any of the following: (1) potential Winner’s/Finalist’s failure to timely respond to the notification; (2) the return of the notification as undeliverable; or (3) any other non-compliance with the Official Contest Rules. In the event of a prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner or finalist. The Sponsor shall not be responsible or liable for any failure by a potential Winner or Finalist to accept the Prize for any reason.
12. Prize Delivery: The NCoin component of the Prize for the Winners will be in-game mailed to the character of each Winner’s choosing on the Winner’s account after launch of the game this Winter 2015/2016. For the physical components of the Prize for the Winners and the Prize for the Finalists, Sponsor will coordinate delivery of the Prize with each of the Winners and the Finalists, with delivery to occur within 30 days after the launch of the game this Winter 2015/2016.
13. Prize Conditions: All costs associated with acceptance or use of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner or Finalist. A Winner or Finalist may waive his/her right to receive a Prize. A Prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable, and non-refundable, has no cash value, and must be accepted by the Winner or Finalist as awarded unless the Winner or Finalist waives his/her right to receive a Prize. A Prize may not be upgraded, and non substitutions by the Winner will be allowed, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated Prize should be unavailable for any reason.
14. Conditions, Disclaimers and License: By entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees that: (a) he or she will abide by and be bound by these Official Contest Rules; (b) the Entry, including the Costume Design, will not be acknowledged by Sponsor; (c) neither Sponsor nor any of its affiliated companies or the advertising and promotional agencies affiliated with Sponsor or those affiliated companies, nor any of their officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives (collectively, Sponsor’s “Affiliates”) are responsible for claims, injuries, death, losses or damages of any kind resulting from participation or inability to participate in the Contest, or the awarding, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the Prize; (d) Sponsor is not responsible for any inability of a Winner to accept the Prize for any reason; and (e) by entering the Contest, all Entrants further agree that Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters relating to the Contest, including fact, interpretation, eligibility, procedure, fulfillment, and disputes from the Contest. Neither Sponsor nor its Affiliates are responsible for (i) any typographical or other errors in the printing of the promotion materials or the offering or announcement of the Prizes, (ii) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (iii) failure of any Entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iv) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, or (v) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Contest.
Although Sponsor attempts to ensure the integrity of the Contest, neither Sponsor nor its Affiliates are responsible for the actions of Entrants or other individuals in connection with the Contest, including attempts by Entrants or other individuals to circumvent these Official Contest Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify these Official Contest Rules and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Contest, and in the event of cancellation or termination, to select Winners from among all eligible non-suspect Entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable. If the Contest is terminated by Sponsor as set forth above, Sponsor will post notice of such termination on the Contest Website. Inclusion in such drawing will be each Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Proof of submitting an Entry will not be deemed receipt of such Entry by Sponsor.
For any feedback or questions regarding the Contest, Prizes, or Winners, you can contact Sponsor by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. Release and Indemnification: BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND HOLD THE SPONSOR, ITS AFFILIATES AND FACEBOOK HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHT, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE CONTEST OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACCESS TO ANY MATERIALS, OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM THE CREATION OR SUBMISSION OF A COSTUME DESIGN INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY TRAVEL OR OTHER ACTIVITIES RELATED TO THE ENTRANT’S CREATION OR SUBMISSION OF A COSTUME DESIGN FOR THE CONTEST, OR FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
Each Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and its affiliates from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, expenses and costs (including legal fees) brought or asserted by or on behalf of any third party against the Sponsor or its affiliates arising from or related to the Entrant’s Costume Design infringing or allegedly infringing a third party’s intellectual property rights, publicity, privacy or confidentiality rights, or defaming or otherwise causing harm to a third party.
16. Limitations on Liability: Sponsor and its Affiliates shall not be liable to any Winner, Finalist or any other person for failure to supply a Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s or its Affiliates’ sole control.
(b) Publicity Release: Except where prohibited, by accepting a Prize, each Winner and Finalist grants permission for Sponsor and its agents to use his/her name, voice and/or likeness, for advertising, merchandising, promotion and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation.
(c) Applicable Law: The Contest, and any disputes that may arise hereunder, shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the state of Washington without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the state of Washington. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the state of Washington.
18. Official Contest Rules: By participating in the Contest, each Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Contest Rules and decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. The Contest will be run in accordance with the Official Contest Rules, subject to amendment by Sponsor. Each Entrant must comply with the Official Contest Rules and will be deemed to have received and understood the Official Contest Rules by participating in the Contest. The terms of the Contest, as set out in the Official Contest Rules, are not subject to amendment or counteroffer, except as set out herein. If any provisions of the Official Contest Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of the Official Contest Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision.
19. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by NC Interactive, LLC, 3180 139th Avenue SE, #500, Bellevue, WA 98005, USA.
20. Winner List: For the winner list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: NC Interactive, LLC, Attn: Winner List Blade & Soul Costume Design 3180 139th Avenue SE, #500, Bellevue, WA 98005, USA by October 31, 2015. A list of the winners also will be posted in the news post on the Contest Website and on the Sponsor’s Facebook page.
21. Disclaimer: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By participating in the Contest, you agree that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook.